As we step into 2010, I want you to keep in mind that what took place in the past year, didn’t happen TO YOU, but rather, it happened FOR YOU. Look back on the events/situations/people you encountered last year in a state of gratitude for the good, the bad and the ugly and take that higher vibrational energy into 2010 to help you attract what your heart desires!
So what are your intentions for the coming year? Intentions are merely habits that you want to incorporate into your lifestyle that will edge you closer to living YOUR definition of success. Habits are huge…what we choose to think and do on a regular basis powerfully determines whether we are going to feel the way we want to each day…in mind, body and spirit.
Here are my main intentions for 2010…
- dive into the world of yoga (my aching knees will surely thank me…cardio and strength training are lovely but yoga makes your body WELL)
- work smarter, not harder (i work for myself and crave more boundaries and days with laser-like purpose)
- to consciously bring my focus and attention into the present moment more often…a great way to do this is to simply check if you’re breathing…bye bye mind chatter!
- take 2 days off a week (again with the challenges of working for myself and my work being at home with me!)
- to lighten up EVEN MORE about my life and work (despite the title of my business, my ego can still place fear into me and lead me to taking stuff WAY too seriously)
- to understand how this friggin’ WordPress thingy REALLY works…I’m operating on about 15% knowledge right now…good times.
- to take my vitamins on a more consistent basis…like every day rather than once and awhile…now, there’s a concept
- oh, and drink green tea most afternoons when I’m doing my work at the computer…right now I’m consuming it like once a week…why not ramp that super duper anti-oxidant magic up a few notches?
- to say “no” to gigs that don’t feel completely right to me (stopping the stuff that doesn’t rock your world opens up time and space for the stuff that makes your heart do the salsa!)
- to write more (my blog, my newsletter, my tweets, and FaceBook page are going to be a big focus for reasons that go way beyond social media marketing…)
- to stretch more (it’s so easy to skip this step at the end of a workout…my body deserves this bloody 5 extra minutes!!!)
- to go easier on myself…I STILL create too many stressful thoughts when I screw up…mistakes are not only opportunities to learn, but to cultivate self-kindness as well
- to keep an open mind and open heart…this helps me embrace new adventures and opportunities that I couldn’t dream up on my best day
- and last, but certainly not least, to put out the message to everyone that I am not part of the self-improvement movement, but part of the LOVE movement…anything I write or talk about is about returning to our TRUE selves which are LOVING BEINGS…that decision, that awakening…is when we LIVE WELL and LAUGH LOTS…..
May you be blessed with strong health and many moments of laughter in 2010 and if you are inspired to do so, please post a message and share your main intentions for the coming year!